Today Fashion For Good announced their fifth batch of innovators who will be joining their Plug and Play Accelerator. The selected ten innovators will be partaking in a twelve-week programme that includes mentorship and business development opportunities with Fashion For Good’s corporate partners.
Launched in 2017 Fashion for Good, which is supported by C&A Foundation, is a sustainable textile and circular fashion innovation platform that has helped more than 40 startups to date. On the global platform for innovation, Leslie Johnston, Executive Director of C&A Foundation founding partner of Fashion for Good, said: “At Fashion for Good, we want to inspire all stakeholders in the fashion industry to work towards a future in which everyone – farmers, workers, customers, and communities – can flourish”. So far the international organisation has eight corporate partners that include the likes of PVH, Galeries Lafayette, Kering, Otto Group, PVH Corp., Stella McCartney, Target and Zalando.
- Checkerspot is a technology platform that enables the design – at a molecular level – of new materials. Checkerspot’s technology unlocks the potential found in nature and expands the palette of high-performing materials available to product designers. The resulting products are better for our planet and better for generations to come.
Dimporahas invented a novel waterproof membrane material. Current waterproof membranes use toxic chemicals that bioaccumulate in the natural environment. Dimpora’smaterial is free of such chemicals but still delivers breathable and high-performing membranes. A fully biodegradable and waterproof membrane is under-development.
- FARFARM develops responsible fabrics using Agroforestry systems that regenerate nature and communities in Brazil. They educate agricultural families to plant natural fibres such as cotton, jute, ramie and dye-producing plants using agroforestry principals that mimic nature, doesn’t require chemical fertilisers, all while restoring biodiversity and keeping a standing forest.
- FastFeetGrinded seeks to make footwear circular by collecting and recycling used shoes into new shoes. Together with retailers, they collect used shoes that are then sorted and deconstructed into their component parts. These material streams are manufactured into new products like playground flooring but also feed back into the footwear manufacturing supply chain.
- IndiDye has developed a new, low environmental footprint, dyeing method for their natural plant-based dyes. This new process uses sound waves to bind natural dyes to cellulosic fibres. Indidye’s technology uses less water, creates no wastewater, is biodegradable, and requires less energy than a conventional dyeing process.
Indidyealso produces a dyestuff and is developing a cellulosic fibre – both of which are 100% biodegradable.
- Indigo Mills Designs is revolutionising the Indigo dyeing process by making it more sustainable, more economical and faster. This patented state-of-the-art foam dyeing process produces zero water discharge and minimal dye waste all while producing deep indigo colours that the fashion industry loves.
- MonoChain has developed an easy to integrate blockchain platform to bring primary and resale markets together to enable a circular economy and simultaneously combating fake products. MonoChain facilitates the reuse of fashion items and empowers brands to generate new revenue streams by connecting them to the resale market.
- pondTextile has developed a 100% plant-based, biodegradable resin, made to replace petroleum-derived polyester fibre used today. The material is derived from plant starch with the possibility for feedstock to be sourced from waste streams. pond Textile can serve as a glue/binder material or can be extruded as a fibre.
- Pure Waste Textiles textiles produce ecologically sustainable and premium quality recycled fabrics and yarns. They take offcuts and spinning waste from factories in India and mechanically recycle them into yarns. Their products are entirely made of recycled textile waste, sometimes combined with recycled polyester or viscose and offers the consumer the same quality and comfort as those made out of virgin materials.
- VeChain is a blockchain-enabled product management platform. Using blockchain technology to secure product data enables retailers and manufacturers to collect, manage quickly, and share product data across the supply chain all the way to the end consumer. Tagging systems are used to connect physical products with the digital world, facilitating transparency throughout the supply chain and product lifecycle.