Experts in the sustainable fashion space are critical to driving innovation and progress towards a more sustainable and ethical fashion industry. Their knowledge, expertise, and advocacy can help to transform the industry, creating a more sustainable and equitable future for all
In my line of work I have had the pleasure of coming across experts in the sustainable fashion space who are playing a crucial role in driving innovation and progress towards a more sustainable and ethical fashion industry, but only a few have turned me into a fan girl.
- Dr Kate Fletcher: Dr Fletcher is a Professor of Sustainability, Design, and Fashion at the Centre for Sustainable Fashion, University of the Arts London. She is a leading expert in sustainable fashion and has authored several books, including “Sustainable Fashion and Textiles: Design Journeys,” and “Craft of Use: Post-Growth Fashion.”
- Lynda Grose: Lynda Grose is a sustainable fashion consultant and educator. She has worked with several sustainable fashion initiatives, including Patagonia and the Sustainable Apparel Coalition. She also co-authors “Fashion & Sustainability: Design for Change.”
- Vanessa Friedman: Vanessa Friedman is a fashion critic and journalist currently serving as the Fashion Director and Chief Fashion Critic of The New York Times. She has written extensively about the intersection of fashion and sustainability.
- Orsola de Castro: Orsola de Castro is a sustainable fashion designer and activist. She is the founder of Fashion Revolution, a global movement that promotes transparency and ethical practices in the fashion industry.
- Giusy Bettoni: Giusy Bettoni is the C.E.O. and Founder of C.L.A.S.S., a platform that promotes sustainable materials and circular economy practices in the fashion industry. She has also worked with several sustainable fashion initiatives, including the Sustainable Apparel Coalition and the Fashion Positive initiative.
- Dilys Williams: Dilys Williams is the Centre for Sustainable fashion Director at the University of the Arts London. She is also a Professor of Fashion Design for Sustainability and has worked with several sustainable fashion initiatives, including the British Fashion Council’s Positive Fashion initiative.
- Timo Rissanen: Timo Rissanen is an Associate Professor of Fashion Design and Sustainability at the Parsons School of Design in New York City. He is a leading expert in sustainable fashion and has authored several books, including “Zero Waste Fashion Design” and “Shaping Sustainable Fashion.”
These are just a few of the many experts who have made significant contributions to the field of sustainable fashion. Learning from these experts can provide valuable insights into the challenges and opportunities for sustainable fashion, as well as the strategies and practices that can help to create a more sustainable and ethical fashion industry.