Buying sustainable garments is essential because it helps reduce the fashion industry’s environmental impact, promotes fair labour practices, encourages innovation, and provides high-quality, long-lasting clothing options. By making a conscious choice to support sustainable brands and prioritize sustainability in our clothing choices, we can positively impact the world around us.
That being said, here is some good news. Building a wardrobe that houses sustainably made garments doesn’t have to be expensive because, believe it or not, you can own wardrobe essentials for under 50 euros that you can actually keep and wear for years to come.
- Organic Cotton T-Shirt: A basic organic cotton t-shirt is a versatile and sustainable wardrobe staple that can be dressed up or down. Brands like Stanley/Stella and Armed Angels offer organic cotton t-shirts for under 50 euros.
- Bamboo Leggings: Bamboo is a sustainable and breathable material that makes for comfortable leggings. Brands like Thought and Boody offer bamboo leggings for under 50 euros.
- Recycled Polyester Athletic Shorts: Brands like Patagonia and Girlfriend Collective offer recycled polyester athletic shorts for under 50 euros that are perfect for working out or lounging.
- Linen Top: Linen is a sustainable and breathable material perfect for summer. Brands like H&M and Zara offer linen tops for under 50 euros.
- Organic Cotton Denim Jacket: A denim jacket is a timeless wardrobe staple, and brands like Nudie Jeans and MUD Jeans offer organic cotton denim jackets for under 50 euros.
- Sustainable Socks: Socks made from sustainable materials like organic cotton or bamboo are a simple way to make your wardrobe more sustainable. Brands like Thought and Boody offer sustainable socks for under 50 euros.
- Upcycled Tote Bag: Upcycling is a sustainable way to give new life to old materials, and brands like Rapanui and Baggu offer upcycled tote bags for under 50 euros.
- Recycled Polyester Skirt: Brands like Reformation and H&M offer sustainable skirts made from recycled polyester for under 50 euros.
- Hemp Hoodie: Hemp is a sustainable material that is durable and breathable. Brands like The Hemp Trading Co offer hemp hoodies for under 50 euros.
- Organic Cotton Dress: An organic cotton dress is a versatile and sustainable wardrobe staple that can be dressed up or down. Brands like People Tree and H&M offer organic cotton dresses for under 50 euros.
It is crucial to consider the actual value of a product before making a purchase and to focus on purchasing items that are genuinely needed or that bring value to one’s life. Additionally, choosing sustainable and ethically produced products can help minimize the negative impact of shopping and buying on individuals and the environment. Happy shopping.