First launched in 2014, London Technology Week brings together as many domestic and international tech specialists and enthusiasts to London, to network and take advantage of social learning and business opportunities.
Taking place across the capital from 20-26th June 2016, this year’s London Technology Week will be shining a spotlight on London’s booming technology sector and highlighting London’s position as a global tech hub. The event will be focusing on five key streams: Business, Innovation, Talent & Diversity, Growth and After Hours (networking) whilst also highlighting London’s position as a global tech hub.
From keynote speeches to innovation showcases and networking events, attendees will be able to see some of the latest cutting edge technologies on display including drones, wearables and virtual reality. Our top 5 recommended must attend events during that week are:
- John Lewis (JLABS): Up on the Roof – Innovation, Talent and Drink: Innovation is at the heart of John Lewis and has been for over 150 years. You can join them for a drink on the roof of our flagship store in Oxford Street, where you will get to meet experts from across our business in areas such as IT, Online and Innovation. You will also get the chance to meet JLAB finalists and explore their game-changing ideas about the future of retail.
- 2016 Most Influential Women in UK Tech: One of the most important events on the UK technology calendar each year, in 2016 the ‘Computer Weekly Most Influential Women in UK Tech’ will take place within London Technology Week. Among the announcement and recognition of the 50 most influential female technology leaders in the country, the event also features 10 speakers and a Q&A panel, each of whom share their experiences on how women are making a difference to the future of the UK’s high-tech economy.
- MasterCard & London & Partners: Beyond finance: How London FinTech innovations are transforming our lives: Join senior representatives from financial services and tech, high growth startups, investors, accelerators and other influencers at the Gherkin to explore how FinTech innovations are transforming our lives and the world economy. Meet and network with FinTech startup founders, CEOs and investors in our FinTech village and explore how FinTech is driving financial inclusion.
- Stack Overflow: Tech Talent: Developing Our Future: Developers are unsung heroes: the creators of code which powers the technologies enabling innovation and growth, in London and around the world. Joel Spolsky, the founder of Stack Overflow will open the event with a keynote speech that celebrates developers and the impact they make on every aspect of our lives. This year, we’ve found an even bigger venue – the IMAX theatre at Waterloo. Dr Sue Black OBE, named one of the top 50 women in tech in Europe in 2015 and inspirational founder of TechMums will also join Spolsky on stage. Additional speakers to be announced.
- Tech London Advocates Creative Tech – How to be successful with the Big Players: Everyone knows that startups and established companies can benefit by collaborating. But the imbalance in size and approach can cause problems. For this special LTW event TLA, The Digital Catapult and The Creative Industries Federation join forces to bring you practical advice, debate and case studies on how best to avoid the pitfalls and reap the rewards of collaboration.
Taking place in various London locations, such as the Gherkin, IMAX Theatre, The Olympic Park and the London Stock Exchange, apply before the closing date on 16th June 2016. Register to attend HERE.