Today, at CES 2016, fitness wearable brand Fitbit got everyone into a tizzy over their latest product Blaze. After its announcement, we heard whispers that Fitbit Blaze was about to give the Apple Watch a run for its money. This left us wondering whether Blaze smart fitness watch was being over hyped or if it really was the second coming.
Designed to help the wearer maximize every workout, Blaze has revolutionary features like PurePulse heart rate, connected GPS, on-screen workouts and smartphone notifications. Available on pre-order as of today, the new smartwatch on the block key features include:
- PUREPULSE™ HEART RATE: Continuous, automatic, wrist-based heart rate tracking with no uncomfortable chest strap.
- CONNECTED GPS: Map your routes and see real-time stats like pace and distance (when your phone is nearby).
- ON-SCREEN WORKOUTS: Get FitStar workouts right on your wrist, with graphics to coach you along. MULTI-SPORT TRACKING: Easily record runs, cardio, biking and more with real-time stats on display. AUTOMATIC EXERCISE RECOGNITION: SmartTrack™ automatically recognizes select exercises and records them for you in the Fitbit app.
- ALL-DAY ACTIVITY TRACKING: Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes.
- AUTO SLEEP TRACKING: Automatically track your sleep and set a silent vibrating alarm. COLOR TOUCHSCREEN + CLOCK FACES: Enjoy a vibrant hi-res color touchscreen with multiple clock faces to choose from.
- SMARTPHONE NOTIFICATIONS: See call, text and calendar notifications on display (when your phone is nearby).
- MUSIC CONTROL: Adjust your volume and play, pause or switch songs from your smartphone with a simple tap.
- ACCESSORY BANDS + FRAMES: Change your look with a sleek lineup of bands and frames in metal, leather and more.
- WIRELESS SYNCING: Sync stats wirelessly and automatically to your computer and 200+ leading devices.
— The Wearable Guru (@WearableGuru) January 5, 2016
When you adorn Blaze, Fitbit promises us that we will be able to experience fitness on a whole new level. The smartwatch not only gives you the ability to track your progress but it also allows you to see the complete picture of your health. With a hi-res colour touch screen, Blaze can be worn up to 5 full days and nights without needing a charge. Also, the Fitbit Blaze has been designed to be versatile which means it has the flexibility for you to make it personal by easily alternating your bands and frames to suit your style mood on any given day.
“We Made it Versatile. You Make it Personal.” – Fitbit
The Fitbit app and dashboard allows you to see your stats in a whole new way both online or on your mobile. It gives you access to easy-to-read charts and graphs that track your progress and lets you set goals, log food and track your weight. We love that Blaze allows you to be interactive with friends and family, who you can compete with in challenges and on the leaderboard.
The Fitbit Blaze smart watch is available in black, blue or purple for $199.95. When it comes to accessorising your Blaze, Fitbit has spoilt us for choice. You can choose from 7 styles; 3 Classic bands available in black, plum and blue, priced $29.95, 3 luxe leather bands with frames available in black, camel and misty grey, priced at $99.95 and the luxe metal band with frame, available for $129.95. Do note that trackers are not included in either the Classic or Luxe accessory collections, you would have to purchase the watch first. Orders will be shipped out as of March 2016.