Buying sustainable garments is essential because it helps reduce the fashion industry’s environmental impact, promotes fair labour practices, encourages innovation, and provides high-quality, long-lasting clothing options. By making a conscious choice to support sustainable brands and prioritize sustainability in our clothing choices, we can positively impact the world around us.
That being said, here is some good news. Building a wardrobe that houses sustainably made garments doesn’t have to be expensive because, believe it or not, you can own wardrobe essentials for under $50.00 that you can actually keep and wear for years to come.
- Organic Cotton T-Shirt: A basic organic cotton t-shirt is a versatile and sustainable wardrobe staple that can be dressed up or down. Brands like Pact and Everlane offer organic cotton t-shirts for under $50.
- Bamboo Leggings: Bamboo is a sustainable and breathable material that makes for comfortable leggings. Brands like Boody and Thought offer bamboo leggings for under $50.
- Recycled Polyester Athletic Shorts: Brands like Patagonia and Girlfriend Collective offer recycled polyester athletic shorts for under $50 that are perfect for working out or lounging.
- Linen Top: Linen is a sustainable and breathable material perfect for summer. Brands like Madewell and Everlane offer linen tops for under $50.
- Organic Cotton Denim Jacket: A denim jacket is a timeless wardrobe staple, and brands like Nudie Jeans and MUD Jeans offer organic cotton denim jackets for under $50.
- Sustainable Socks: Socks made from sustainable materials like organic cotton or bamboo are a simple way to make your wardrobe more sustainable. Brands like Organic Basics and Maggie’s Organics offer sustainable socks for under $50.
- Upcycled Tote Bag: Upcycling is a sustainable way to give new life to old materials, and brands like Ecoalf and Baggu offer upcycled tote bags for under $50.
- Recycled Polyester Skirt: Brands like Reformation and H&M offer sustainable skirts made from recycled polyester for under $50.
- Hemp Hoodie: Hemp is a sustainable material that is durable and breathable. Brands like Jungmaven offer hemp hoodies for under $50.
- Organic Cotton Dress: An organic cotton dress is a versatile and sustainable wardrobe staple that can be dressed up or down. Brands like Pact and H&M offer organic cotton dresses for under $50
It is crucial to consider the actual value of a product before making a purchase and to focus on purchasing items that are genuinely needed or that bring value to one’s life. Additionally, choosing sustainable and ethically produced products can help minimize the negative impact of shopping and buying on individuals and the environment. Happy shopping.
Also check out: 10 Sustainable Wardrobe Must-Haves That You Can Buy for under 50.00 euros [EU Edition] and 10 Sustainable Wardrobe Must-Haves That You Can Buy for under £50.00 [UK Edition].