The WGSN Future awards is led by leading trend authority WGSN. This year the event grabbed our interest because we liked the idea of a ceremony that recognises fashion innovation and breakthrough talent on a global scale.
We are always excited when well known fashion influencers, like WGSN, recognise innovative talent. For us such talent includes Fashion Tech and Sustainable Fashion labels that are making a difference in today’s fashion world. Last year (2015) at the WGSN Future awards, Dutch label Rambler Social Venture won Sustainable Design. This year I am hoping to witness more fashion tech and sustainable fashion brands gaining further recognition by WGSN. It would be great to see them being considered for awards like the Womenswear Designer award and Design Collaboration award.
When it comes to selecting the winners, WGSN Future awards is an event judged by an elite panel of international experts and attracts entries from more than 50 countries. With the 2016 ceremony taking place on 26 May 2016 at Bloomsbury, why not show your support and nominate your favourite Fashion Tech and/or Sustainable Fashion Brand HERE
On that note, we would like to nominate these brands in the following categories:
- CREATIVE INNOVATOR OF THE YEAR – Birce Ozkan Augmented Jacket
- HALL OF FAME – OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT – Iris van Herpen
- HALL OF FAME – ICON – Sylvia Heisel
- BREAKTHROUGH FOOTWEAR & ACCESSORIES DESIGNER –Vinaya
- AVERY DENNISON RBIS EMERGING BRAND – Shiftwear
- LYCRA® FUTURE DESIGNERS AWARD – Danit Peleg
- WOMENSWEAR DESIGN – Chromat
- SUSTAINABLE DESIGN – Super Material
- INTIMATES/SWIMWEAR DESIGN – Thirdlove
- DESIGN COLLABORATION – Hermes x Apple
Who would you nominate?